Tonight I set about translating some of the dialogue in my current novel project, Solitude. I now know that the best way to develop your conlang is to translate. Some of the stuff I did tonight:
* I created a bunch of new words.
* I created a genitive case marker.
* I created an infix that marks reciprocity.
* I created a question particle.
That was from translating only four sentences. Doesn't sound like much, but the translation, glossing and IPA, as well as the research I did, took me the better part of an hour for just those four sentences. I anticipate that I will get better as I go along and run out of features and words to add. And maybe the notes I keep adding to my grammar will out a significant dent in things.
Examples to come.
(posted from my phone, so lack of formatting)